Summary: Located onsite in Las Vegas, NV, the Vice President of Construction provides on & off-site management of our client’s custom home builders and homeowners’ teams to ensure that quality standards are met while completing projects within budget and schedule. These homes are built to specifications and desires of very high-profile clientele including Casino owners, owners of large corporations, and national chains so you will be dealing with the 1% of the 1%ers!!
Pay: $200k-$250k/year (DOE & negotiable)
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Job Type: Full-Time, Direct-Hire & includes a full & lucrative benefits package
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains job site organization, ensuring that the site office, facilities, and electrical needs are met. Identifies staging and storage areas and oversees site security and signage.
- Collaborates with the Project Coordinator (PC) to manage & maintain project’s Procore software program, including daily logs, coordinate labor needs as necessary, weekly payment approvals, and provide input for onsite project meetings and agendas. Produces communication with clients regarding design decisions and change orders.
- Working with the Project Manager (PM), obtains proposals, timelines, and change orders (AWAs) from subcontractors onsite for approval. Additionally, communicates with the PM and Procore to create agendas, to review, and to update weekly superintendent’s meetings, including a review of the schedule, budget, AWAs, current week’s task status, and 2-week tasks, as well as any structural or design issues.
- Together with the Estimator and the PC, develop the budget and schedule for the contract, and develop AWAs about constructability, issues, and value alternatives.
- Responsible for ordering and scheduling all construction materials and site work as needed. Responsible for maintaining property protection and preparing for weather forecasts. Schedules Building Department inspections as required.
- Maintains jobsite cleanliness & ensures company quality standards are met. Follows safety guidelines as directed by the Safety Director.
- Maintains records for the jobsite, including Daily logs, photos, and documentation of “as-built” plans.
- Signs off on all onsite employee timesheets verifying hours and cost codes.
- Establishes and maintains good neighbor relations by assessing the impact of the project on the neighborhood and ensuring compliance with any special restrictions.
- Attends and participates in weekly project, superintendent, SWOT, and companywide meetings.
- Mentors Carpenters and Laborers so they can develop and grow professionally.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 15+ years of experience in the building industry, with at least the last 4 of those years spent at high-end custom homes costing $1 million or more.
- Ability to inspect Fit & Finish of build quality and overall craftsmanship with extensive attention to detail while being very meticulous
- Financial, Sales, and/or Accounting experience is a huge plus!
- Exceptional communication, time management, and diplomatic skills are required, as you will be managing 6-7 Superintendents.
- Experience in various design disciplines
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential (The ability to speak Spanish is beneficial, but not a requirement).
- Strong analytical and math skills are essential.
- Proficiency in interpreting and comprehending construction documentation is essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building codes, procedures, inspections, requirements, and plans.
- Knowledge of the Windows 365 Suite and the ability to quickly master ProCore Software, Entrepreneur Operating System (EOS), and MS Project for scheduling.
- When consulting with others, must be able to apply logic and creativity toward all aspects of position.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with other company leaders.
- Maintains a professional image on the job site by demonstrating a positive and proactive attitude.
- 100% employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision plan for you and your family
- 401k match
- Profit Sharing
#hotjobs #construction #constructionjobs #constructioncareers #vpofconstruction #vicepresidentconstruction
To apply for this job email your details to Resumes@SancoRecruiting.com