SENIOR AUDIT ACCOUNTANT
Pay: $56,388.00 – $67,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time, Direct-Hire with full benefits package
Number of hires for this role: 1
Full Job Description
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Senior Audit Accountant to join our client’s hard-working, fun, and entrepreneurial firm!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead client audit engagements, from planning and execution to financial statement issuance and audit wrap up.
· Have a strong understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
· Have a thorough understanding of PCAOB and SEC standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
· Have an understanding of audit, review and compilation engagements and the required procedures and documentation for each.
· Ability to document audit inquiries, analyses and conclusions.
· Perform technical research to analyze and document accounting transactions.
· Prepare/draft financial statements.
· Acquire a working knowledge of various industries and client businesses (i.e., SEC engagements, manufacturing, distribution service, not-for-profit, etc).
· Perform risk based audits.
· Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve accounting, auditing and reporting issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
· Perform other related duties as necessary.
· Perform work on multiple engagements simultaneously.
Requirements & Qualifications:
o Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
o Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
o Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
o Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative and can-do attitude.
o Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments with time constraints and deadlines.
o Dedicated to superior client service.
o Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
o Minimum of 2-4 years of recent work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm, demonstrating an upward progression.
o Proficiency in audit software, specifically ProSystems FX Engagement or similar software.
o Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
Education and Licenses
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· CPA certification (active) preferred, or working toward if not already obtained
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift (some additional O/T), Monday-Friday
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Work Remotely: No
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job email your details to Resumes@SancoRecruiting.com